Sustainable Social Care Conference
Tuesday, 20th April 2010, Hallam Conference Centre London W1W 6JJ
This conference will share findings and both strategic and practical recommendations from the Sustainable Social Care Programme. The Programme is exploring how sustainable development approaches can help realise the vision of Putting People First and support the improvement and efficiency agenda including CAA. It is a joint initiative by DH and the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), with support from the Improvement & Development Agency (IDeA) and the Sustainable Development Commission.
Conference Themes include:
Sustainable commissioning; Resilience and risk in a changing climate; Personalisation, local and low carbon economic opportunities; Housing, design and green space.
Who should attend:
- DIRECTORS, ASSISTANT DIRECTORS and HEADS OF SERVICE in Adult Social Care
- CHIEF EXECUTIVES and OPERATIONS DIRECTORS of social care providers in public, private and Third sectors
- LEADERS OF SERVICE USER-LED organisations and networks
- DIRECTORS and ASSISTANT DIRECTORS of Public Health
- SENIOR POLICY-MAKERS especially in social care, health, housing, planning and design, sustainable development, environment and climate change.
The conference will address critical strategic and operational issues around sustainability and social care.
- Find out what conditions need to be in place to make social care sustainable
- Examine good practice examples which identify what works in practice, barriers faced and lessons for the future.
- Be the first to hear and discuss the recommendations of our Local Authority Learning Network bringing together senior figures from across local government, housing, health, climate and environment
- Join a growing network of thinkers and doers who are driving the changes necessary to make care services sustainable.
For further information and to book, contact Liz Preter at Centrevents on 02089221135 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about the Sustainable Social Care Programme itself (not the conference), Please visit the sustainable social care website website or contact Catherine Max via Catherine@catherinemax.co.uk
You can also join the online Community of Practice hosted by IDeA. Click here, register if necessary, and search for Sustainable Social Care.